- Nationally recognised and meet your WHS Legislation
- Flexible delivery including weekends
- Certificates issued the following business day
- Interactive and engaging trainers
- We service rural Australia
- After Work- hours & Weekends Times
Onsite Childcare First Aid Training
This unit of competency satisfies the requirements for CPR, First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis for those working in an education or care setting. The unit covers the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults. It applies to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies. This unit of competency contributes towards approved first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011). Specific licensing requirements, including requirements for refresher training, should be obtained from the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) and/or relevant state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authority.
- Assessment and management of emergency situations and casualty
- Apply life support skills in accordance with Resuscitation Council guidelines
- Operation of automated external defibrillator
- First aid management for an emergency situation
- Infection control principals and procedures
- Signs and symptoms of an asthma attack- mild, moderate and severe
- Common allergic and non-allergic asthma triggers
- Provide asthma first aid management
- Use of asthma bronchodilator medication using a spacer
- Develop risk minimisation and management strategies for asthma and anaphylaxis
- Define the term allergic reaction/anaphylaxis
- Recognition of allergy and anaphylaxis and those at risk
- Signs and symptoms of allergic reaction
- Risk factors
- Provide first aid management of severe allergic reactions and anaphylaxis
- Action Plans
- Use of adrenaline auto-injector devices Epi Pen®
Face to face session, approximately 6-8 hours. Course pre work in the form of an online workbook, approximately 1-1.5 hours. A link to the online workbook will be emailed to all participants soon after your booking has been made.
- Written exam for every unit (online workbook)
- Group activities and oral questioning throughout the course
- Practical demonstrations/skills assessments.
On successful completion of the course participants will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for :
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation(valid for 1 year)
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support (valid for 3 years)
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid (valid for 3 years)
- HLTAID012 Provide first aid response in an education and care setting (valid for 3 years)
The Australian Resuscitation Council recommends that Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation skills be refreshed annually and the Anaphylaxis component is required to be refreshed every 2 years according to the Anaphylaxis Guidelines for Early Childhood Education and Care Services August 2014.
Can be issued the day of training so long as all participant names are provided prior to training, otherwise they are issued the following business day.
Reminder & Renewals
As part of our service to you, we send email reminders to all participants 1 month prior to their certification expiring and the option to complete an Express Renewal rather than the full course again.
What to Bring
- 1 form of Photo ID (i.e. Passport, Drivers licence, Photo ID card, Student card)
- Wear comfortable clothing
$140 per person (minimum 10 people)
Please submit an Enquiry Form to find out more.
*Direct Deposit *Company Cheque *Debit Card *Credit Card
No additional surcharge for ANY credit cards.
A deposit of $500 is required to confirm your preferred date with the remaining balance due within 7 days of your invoice date unless the training is booked within 7 days of the training, then the full payment is required upfront.
Our accreditation number is 91510 and can be viewed at the following link ATI Accreditation. ATi maintains strict policy and procedures in line with its accreditation, and also ensure that these values are upheld among our employees and instructors.
Childcare First Aid Training HLTAID012 (previously HLTAID004)
Some of our satisfied clients
Australian Training Institute offer courses in 3 convenient locations to make it easy for you to get the training you need.