The combined Asthma and Anaphylaxis course is designed to comply with the requirements for Asthma and Anaphylaxis Management in an education and care setting under the National Quality Framework.
This course includes 2 units from ACECQA’s approved list:
- 22556VIC Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace
- 22300VIC Provide First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
This unit of competency has been developed to provide students with the skills to recognise an asthma attack, provide first aid assistance to the casualty, hold blue reliever medication in a first aid kit for asthma emergencies and the administration of prescribed medications.
This unit describes the outcomes required to assist a person suffering an anaphylactic reaction until the arrival of medical assistance. Application of this unit relates to the use of adrenaline auto-injecting devices. The also unit covers the recognition, management, prevention and risk minimisation strategies related to allergic reactions and anaphylaxis. It provides the outcomes required to develop and implement a management plan to reduce the risk of severe reactions in individuals diagnosed with anaphylaxis.
3 – 4 hours total:
- 2 hours pre work online workbook. A link to the online workbook will be provided to all participants in a confirmation email after your booking has been made.
- 1.5 hour face to face session.
- Written exam for every unit
- Group activities and oral questioning throughout the course
- Practical demonstrations/skills assessments.
Upon successful completion of the course participants will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for:
- 22556VIC Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace (valid for 3 years)
- 22300VIC Provide First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis (valid for 3 years)
*Certificates are issued same day!
*Only for training completed during week days. All other certificates are issued by close of business the following business day. Additional A4 Hard Copy and wallet-sized certificates can be issued for an additional $25 (ask our staff for more details) to help keep certification details handy. Please email your request to purchase these certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office on 1300 716 410.
- 1 form of Photo ID (i.e. Passport, Drivers licence, Photo ID card, Student card)
- Wear comfortable clothing
$100 $ 80 On SALE for all scheduled public classes only.
Asthma and Anaphylaxis Course Dates
ALL scheduled public courses GUARANTEED to run.
We do NOT cancel classes due to small numbers.
ATi is a Registered Training Organisation and all our courses are Nationally Recognised. Our accreditation number is 91510 and can be viewed on the National Register by following the link ATI Accreditation. ATi maintains strict policy and procedures in line with its accreditation, and also ensure that these values are upheld among our employees and instructors.
Onsite training is available at NO EXTRA cost in a number of formats to suit your busy schedule: after hours, weekends including Sundays, etc. All subject to availability. Please contact our ATi Angels on 1300 716 410 for further information or submit an online inquiry form.