This unit of competency satisfies the requirements for CPR, First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis for those working in an education or care setting. The unit covers the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults. It applies to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies. This unit of competency contributes towards approved first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011). Specific licensing requirements, including requirements for refresher training, should be obtained from the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) and/or relevant state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authority.
- Assessment and management of emergency situations and casualty
- Apply life support skills in accordance with Resuscitation Council guidelines
- Operation of automated external defibrillator
- First aid management for an emergency situation
- Infection control principals and procedures
- Signs and symptoms of an asthma attack- mild, moderate and severe
- Common allergic and non-allergic asthma triggers
- Provide asthma first aid management
- Use of asthma bronchodilator medication using a spacer
- Develop risk minimisation and management strategies for asthma and anaphylaxis
- Define the term allergic reaction/anaphylaxis
- Recognition of allergy and anaphylaxis and those at risk
- Signs and symptoms of allergic reaction
- Risk factors
- Provide first aid management of severe allergic reactions and anaphylaxis
- Action Plans
- Use of adrenaline auto-injector devices Epi Pen® Ana Pen®
Face to face session, approximately 6-8 hours. Course pre work in the form of an online workbook, approximately 1-1.5 hours. A link to the online workbook will be emailed to all participants soon after your booking has been made.
- Written exam for every unit
- Group activities and oral questioning throughout the course
- Practical demonstrations/skills assessments.
On successful completion of the course participants will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting.
The certificate is valid for three (3) years from the completion date. The Australian Resuscitation Council recommends that Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation skills be refreshed annually and the Anaphylaxis component is required to be refreshed every 2 years according to the Anaphylaxis Guidelines for Early Childhood Education and Care Services August 2014.
*Certificates are issued same day!
*Only for training completed at our Parramatta training facility during week days. All other certificates are issued by close of business the following business day. Additional wallet-sized certificate can be issued for an additional $5 (ask our staff for more details) to help keep certification details handy. Certificates are in soft copy PDF format. If you require an A4 hard copy certificate, this can be purchased and posted out for an additional $10 per certificate at checkout. Alternatively, please email your request for a hard copy certificate to email@example.com or call of Head Office on 1300 716 410.
- 1 form of Photo ID (i.e. Passport, Drivers licence, Photo ID card, Student card)
- Wear comfortable clothing
$156 $ 130 On SALE for all scheduled public classes only.
ALL scheduled public courses GUARANTEED to run.
We do NOT cancel classes due to small numbers.
Onsite training is available at NO EXTRA cost in a number of formats to suit your busy schedule: after hours, weekends including Sundays, etc. All subject to availability. Please contact our ATi Angels on 1300 716 410 for further information or submit an online inquiry form.
Our accreditation number is 91510 and can be viewed at the following link ATI Accreditation. ATi maintains strict policy and procedures in line with its accreditation, and also ensure that these values are upheld among our employees and instructors.