This unit of competency satisfies the requirements for CPR, First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis for those working in an education or care setting. The unit covers the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults. It applies to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies. This unit of competency contributes towards approved first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011). Specific licensing requirements, including requirements for refresher training, should be obtained from the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) and/or relevant state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authority.
NEW course code HLTAID012 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting in 2021!
6 hours blended delivery – online and face-to-face
- Assessment and management of emergency situations and casualty
- Apply life support skills in accordance with Resuscitation Council guidelines
- Operation of automated external defibrillator
- First aid management for an emergency situation
- Infection control principals and procedures
- Signs and symptoms of an asthma attack- mild, moderate and severe
- Common allergic and non-allergic asthma triggers
- Provide asthma first aid management
- Use of asthma bronchodilator medication using a spacer
- Develop risk minimisation and management strategies for asthma and anaphylaxis
- Define the term allergic reaction/anaphylaxis
- Recognition of allergy and anaphylaxis and those at risk
- Signs and symptoms of allergic reaction
- Risk factors
- Provide first aid management of severe allergic reactions and anaphylaxis
- Action Plans
- Use of adrenaline auto-injector devices Epi Pen® Ana Pen®
- Online Multiple choice theory workbook
- Group activities and oral questioning throughout the course
- Practical demonstrations/skills assessments
Physical requirements of this course
It is a requirement of this unit that students are to perform a minimum of 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on a manikin placed on the floor. This is a mandatory requirement as stated in the Training Package and there are no exceptions that can be made.
If for any reason students are unable to perform these physical requirements, students cannot be deemed competent or issued with a Statement of Attainment and will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance.
On successful completion of the course participants will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for:
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (valid for 12 months)
- HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support (valid for 3 years)
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid (valid for 3 years)
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting (valid for 3 years)
NEW HLTAID012 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting course coded in 2021! Includes:
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID012 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
*Certificates are issued same day!
*Only for training completed during week days. All other certificates are issued by close of business the following business day. Additional A4 Hard Copy and wallet-sized certificates can be issued for an additional $25 (ask our staff for more details) to help keep certification details handy. Please email your request to purchase these certificates to email@example.com or call our office on 1300 716 410.
- 1 form of Photo ID (i.e. Passport, Drivers licence, Photo ID card, Student card)
- Wear comfortable clothing
ALL scheduled public courses GUARANTEED to run. We do NOT cancel classes due to small numbers.
Onsite training is available at NO EXTRA cost in a number of formats to suit your busy schedule: after hours, weekends including Sundays, etc. All subject to availability. Please contact our ATi Angels on 1300 716 410 for further information or submit an online inquiry form.
ATi is a Registered Training Organisation and all our courses are Nationally Recognised. Our accreditation number is 91510 and can be viewed on the National Register by following the link ATI Accreditation. ATi maintains strict policy and procedures in line with its accreditation, and also ensure that these values are upheld among our employees and instructors.